Monday, March 22, 2010

My First Cavity :(

I have never claimed to be great about taking care of my teeth. I do brush regularly, but flossing typically happens about 2 times a year, coincidentally on the 2 days a year I go to the dentist. I'm definitely nowhere near Noah's level, which includes brushing for 5 minutes straight and flossing frequently enough to necessitate having a spare floss in the following locations: car, pocket, every drawer in the house.

Anyway, this is how today started at the dentist:
Hygienist: Are you a flosser?
Me: No.
Hygienist: (pause)
Me: Would you rather I lie?

This is how today ended at the dentist: At the age of 24-1/2 years old, I got my first cavity. Actually, cavitIES, if we're being honest. I have THREE cavities between my teeth and I am really upset about it! Apparently being cavity free was something I took a great amount of pride in, although I didn't realize it until it was ripped away from me.

I guess I'll start flossing. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment