Sunday, August 29, 2010

Alaksa

This summer 5 of my college friends and I got to spend a week in Alaska! The 6 of us are all petroleum engineers for different companies and since college have spread out across the US for our jobs. One of them has been working in Alaska for the last 3 years, and the other 5 of us FINALLY found a week that we could all go visit. We should have done it sooner- it was one of the best trips I have ever been on. It was 50% the company and 50% the amazing views and activities that we got to do. I don't think we left a single Alaskan adventure un-conquered.


Landing in Anchorage: it is already gorgeous (it is 9:30 PM here)
Hiking Flat Top! I was impressed that I survived this one.
Yay!
Eliot, the friend that lives in AK, has his pilot's license and took us up!
Eeee!
Of course we had to try on a coonskin cap... (Eliot, me, Chad)
We rode the Alaskan train to Seward... see the huge glacier? It's not fair that people get to live here.
We went white water rafting in a class V river... and didn't drown...
My favorite group shot (Derrick, Chris, me, Lindsey 2, Chad, Eliot) on our Fox Island dinner cruise.
Thanks for obliging me on all of my Kodak moment demands, boys.
Skipping rocks at sunset

We took a fishing charter... unfortunately, this was all I managed to lure in. Isn't it a beauty?
Luckily for me, the other 5 collectively caught 34 lbs. of halibut and salmon. We took a few filets straight to a restaurant where they cooked them for us. It was by far the best fish I've ever had- it doesn't get much fresher than that!
Then we crashed on the train ride back to Anchorage...
Lindsey, Derrick, and Chad
Eliot, me, and Chris
Panning for gold!
And, of course, we shopped. Here, Chris is modeling my new Fox earmuffs.
I came home ready to move Noah to Alaska! I would highly recommend a vacation there, especially if you are tired of Oklahoma's heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment