Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Recent Creations

I think the abuse that I inflict on the left side of my brain at work everyday has gotten worse lately, because I have been on a knitting, sewing, and all-around craft-making binge. Here are the things I've made this week:

My first every knitted pair of socks! I have been knitting since I was 6, but I have always heard that socks are the hardest thing to knit, because you have to turn the heel. Well, over Christmas I got brave and decided that it was time, and I did it! I finished the first sock in a few days, immediately wished I only had one foot, set it all aside for 3 months, and then knitted the last one this weekend. Now if I could only bring myself to wear them...
Ducky Hat! I knit lots of baby paraphernalia, but I've gotten bored with knitting the same old patterns over and over. I found this one online and it turned out to be pretty darn cute!

Quack!
The latest thing I've taken up is embroidery. I have to admit that I have a long way to go (WAY harder than it looks!) I made this for a co-worker. She and her husband are both engineers, so this was a necessity. They don't know what they're having, so just in case, I made a matching bow so if it is a girl, everyone will know that she is a future FEMALE engineer. :)

Next up: aprons!

1 comment: