Saturday, April 3, 2010

What I want to be when I grow up

Lately, Noah and I have made a pact to try one new restaurant every week. Today, we ventured out to a traditional German restaurant called Ingrid's Kitchen. The food was delicious, but we were +/- 35 years younger than the average customer. We were feeling pretty young until the band started to play, and some of the oldest people I've ever seen got up and started dancing. They were really good, too! To be quite honest, there were a few who danced better than they walked, which I think is strange.

My favorite lady, and my inspiration for this post, was the one who whipped this sign out of her purse the minute she heard music and then promptly rushed with her husband to the dance floor:
[Please leave our drinks- we are dancing.]


Talk about being prepared! I've officially decided that when I grow up I want to be the lady who carries around a sign that says "Please leave our drinks- we are dancing" on the off-chance that a good opportunity to shake a leg presents itself. I may have to have a few others, just to make sure that I have the appropriate sign for any situation. For example: "Please don't steal my purse- we are dancing." Also, "Please rush me to the hospital if I fall and break my hip- we are dancing."

1 comment: